Monday, April 15, 2013

Sunday: Orange Rhino Challenge

So, Claire and I woke up early Sunday morning... actually Claire woke up and then proceeded to wake me up to make her sausage. :)  I didn't need to get ready for church yet.  I don't really know why, but I opened my computer.  I opened Pinterest actually.  I always look for ideas on pinterest, but have never actually created an account until just the other day... sorry for the side note.  Anyhow, it was meant to be.  I clicked or tried to click on Halloween Costumes, but instead this came up.
 
 
What in the world right?!
And for whatever reason I read it... it's about a mom who decided to STOP YELLING at her children EVER.  I don't know about you, but her words really resignated with me.  I LOVE my children dearly, but I'm not perfect and I do, at times, yell.  Just as she says, I then feel terrible.  I have said to Jed, "How can I have the patience of Job (exageration) with 26 children in a classroom, but lose my temper with my own children?"  After reading her blog, I recognized "triggers" for me, many of which were her triggers as well.  I also said, Thank you Lord for always knowing just what I need even when I don't.
 
Long Story Short, I have Taken the Orange Rhino Challenge, and you should check it out!
Not that you need to... :)

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered this blog the other day, too! I've always thought the same thing... I can have so much patience with other people's children, yet so little with my own. I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Amy, I'm so glad I'm not alone! Anytime I write something like that I feel vulnerable hoping people won't think I don't adore my children or that I'm a terrible mom! Although, when others are open and honest, I truly appreciate it!! (Like You)

      Delete