Sunday, February 8, 2015

to the Woman at the Zoo

It's been an absolutely GORGEOUS weekend!  We tried hard to enjoy every minute, but alas it was cut short by sickness.  However, that's beside the point.  We were able to go to the park on Friday afternoon with our babies.
 

Mine didn't make it long...
 
 
Then we went to the zoo on Saturday, and that's where the thank you comes in.
 
It was Cade's 1st Zoo Trip, and
 
our 1st time not taking the wagon... Claire was not super happy about that! :)
 


I THOUGHT this was super cute, but now that Livie is throwing up on our couch, I'm having second thoughts.

Finally, to the point of this story.  I was wearing my MOBY as a stylish accessory without a baby because my baby was on the changing table.  An inquisitive pregnant woman began asking me about my wrap, and you know how I LOVE MY MOBY.  So I was telling her all about it, and why I liked it.  I got to Cade having Down Syndrome, and it being okay for his joints.  She did a double take at Cade (not meanly, just surprised).  Anyway, after our conversation another woman came out of a stall washed her hands, then sweetly patted me, smiled and said, "Thank you for choosing life." 
Then she left. 
It made my day.  It made me cry, but it made my day. 
Frankly, you may or may not be surprised at how many people don't agree with our "decision"
(not that we care) :)

Yes, we did choose Life,
and wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment